Happy Friday everyone! : )
In elementary school every Friday was called “Fun Friday” for us kiddies. We would anxiously wait for the bell to ring and rush over to the nurse’s office after school. Why?! Because they always sold the best and yummiest snacks of course!! My personal favorite was the candy apples- best candy apples I’ve ever had in my entire life. They were glazed red and covered with these soft white flakes. I still don’t know what those flakes were to this day but man, so delicious! Oh how I LOVE and miss those days!
So in memory of and to celebrate those good ol’ days, I will be writing “Fun Friday” posts every other friday. In these posts I’ll share a little bit about myself, what I’m learning, or just random things that are happening in my life. And although they might not be as exciting as fun snacks and candy apples (yes, the ones with those mysterious flakes), I promise you’ll know more about me in the end… That can be fun, right?! : )
Ok, so to kickstart this new series of posts I am going to share with you 10 things I love and probably can’t live without…feel free to share what YOUR favorite things are! : )
1. vinegar and sugar. Oh, I can eat almost anything with vinegar..or sugar…even better when they’re mixed together!
2. chipotle– enough said! : )
3. chapstick…i have about 5 at this moment: one in my purse, one in my other purse in case I happen to grab that bag, one in my backpack, one in my shootsac, and the last one in my Kelly Moore camera bag. This is to make sure I am NEVER without a chapstick!! I’m like this with gum, too!
4. my chloe perfume…love, love, LOVE scents! This one is especially special to me : )
5. nail polish…they just make life more colorful! I am currently wearing this dark army green from Sephora.
6. my journal– writing out how i’m doing/feeling is very necessary! This really helps me process my thoughts.
7. bobby pins & hair ties– really don’t like it when there’s hair in my face..makes me all itchy and then I can’t get anything done.
8. rings. I have so many but I still can’t get enough! My left pointer-finger is indented from many many years of ring wearing.
9. the color GREEN! my favorite…can you tell?
10. floss..it’s a MUST! Can’t feel clean without it.
And there you have it! : )Â Ok, so today is not only special because I introduced my new Fun Friday posts, but it’s also the birth date of my new baby niece, Olivia Mika Chen! She was born this morning at 11:06am weighing 7lbs. and 10oz…so adorable! What a special day, 11.11.11. Congrats to Liz, Leonard, and Lina on their new addition! : )
Have a great weekend everyone!
sweetly focused on sleep 🙂
and i didnt know they had their baby already!!! how exciting!! but why doesnt Olivia’s name start with an L?
HAHA leeneritos! thanks jan : )
Olivia’s nickname is “Livie” : ) Lina’s real name is Angelina..”Lina” is just her nickname! cool huh?!
great idea for a regular post, Eileen! you are inspiring. 🙂
10 things I love (some similar to yours)
my plastic flower ring
lip balm stick (burt’s bees or strawberry carmex, which I haven’t seen lately)
bacon + sweets combined (like bacon covered doughnut)
salted caramel anything (especially ice cream and dark chocolate)
moleskine unlined journal
pilot G-2 ultra fine 0.38 black gel ink pen
pudding milk tea
so fun! thanks for sharing courtney : )
[…] Hello all! : ) Here’s my second Fun Friday Post! If you missed the first one, you can find out what it’s all about here.Â […]
[…] It’s time for another Fun Friday post! […]
[…] this Fun Friday post I thought it’d be ‘fun’ to share a few facts about my birthday and show you […]
[…] this week’s Fun Friday I’m sharing with you my family portraits. Yes, we are a big group..but a fun one too! : ) […]