Hey, it’s my birthday! Today I turn 24…ahhh!
For this Fun Friday post I thought it’d be ‘fun’ to share a few facts about my birthday and show you some pictures that I dug up from the past. Enjoy! : )
1. When my two oldest sisters found out my mom was having my 3rd sister they were super excited, but when my mom told them they were having one more a year and a half later they responded with “againnn?” Yes, raising a little one is a lot of work!
2. My birth date was supposed to be in January, but I came out early! Surprise!!
3. And because I came out so early my dad was about to head off to work the morning of my birthday when my 2nd sister Liz ran after him to tell him to stay. Thanks Liz!
4. When my parents arrived at the hospital, my dad went downstairs to buy film for the camera only to find that I was already born when he returned..yup, I came out super duper fast!
5. I was born around 9am in the morning in Montebello, CA.
6. My older two sisters used to throw all my birthday parties growing up. They were the best parties with crafts and games!
7. I used to hate having my birthday so close to Christmas because it meant I only got one present for both my birthday AND Christmas sometimes. I feel a bit embarrassed thinking about it now and I am so glad I don’t feel the same anymore!
8. I didn’t really get to celebrate my 6th birthday, because my grandma passed just days before and her funeral was on my birthday. I wasn’t really happy at the time (picture below).
9. I don’t usually feel any different on birthdays, but I remember feeling older and way more mature when I turned 21!
10. My sisters and I grew up giving flowers to my mom on our own birthdays, because 1) she makes us! haha jk. and 2) to thank her for carrying us for 9 months in the tummy and for raising us with so much love!
11. I’m not really sure what God has in store for me this year, but I’m pretty excited! : )
See how fun these parties are?! Yes, big contrast from my 6th birthday. For my 9th birthday my sisters prepared materials for all my friends to make sunflower barrettes (I used to LOVE all things sunflower!!). My girlfriends and I still talk about those barrettes to this day! : )
Good times! : ) And if you want to know more about what I got out of my GOLDEN YEAR, I wrote a reflection post here.
Have a wonderful day! : )